- To convene Centre meetings and sub meetings.
- To act as a contact point for general enquiries regarding the Centre.
- To be the central point of contact regarding various Centre issues (ie to be made aware of various happenings within sub committee areas).
- To ensure all Centre guidelines and Association rulings/bylaws are adhered to.
- To attend and act upon ACTLAA designated Association meetings and Conferences.
- To fulfill the President’s role in his/her absence.
- To assist the President in carrying out the duties described in the President’s job description.
- To attend other meetings on the Centre’s behalf as required.
- Coordinate and liaise with the Age Group Coordinator regarding Centre issues and coordinate the setup/packup roster.
- To ensure all necessary information is included in the Centre newsletter.
- Ensure accurate and documented records of all financial transactions regarding the Centre are kept.
- To ensure all payments of the Centre are made appropriately.
- To receipt all monies taken on behalf of the Centre (registration fees, uniform and canteen takings, sponsorship).
- Coordinate the Centre Budget.
- To ensure true and accurate records of the Centre’s financial position are presented at all Centre meetings.
- To dispurse Centre funds according to Centre and Budget meetings.
- To provide all information as required to the auditor.
- To ensure all documentation regarding the Centre is updated and accurately lodged at the ACT Department of Corporate Affairs.
- To attend meetings on the Centre’s behalf when required.
- To ensure accurate and documented records of Centre activities are kept.
- To take minutes of Centre meetings.
- Arrange and advise dates and venues of all upcoming meetings.
- Liaise with the President to coordinate and distribute Committee meeting agenda.
- To receive, document and action all incoming and outgoing Centre correspondence.
- At the commencement of the season arrange for the printing and distribution of a calendar of all programmed activities (Centre and Association) for the coming season.
- Advise/remind members of forthcoming meetings where Centre representation is required.
- To organise the Centre’s Annual General meeting.
- To attend Association meetings as required.
- To make arrangements for the Centre’s registration days.
- To liaise with the Association regarding requirements for registration and provide information to the Association as required.
- To ensure all information of the registration process is accurate.
- To act as a point of contact regarding information about registration issues.
- To liaise with the committee on the structure of registration fees.
- To ensure all Association returns are completed and forwarded on time.
- To keep accurate records of the Centre’s registrations.
- To attend meetings as required.
- To keep a true and accurate record of all results and performances achieved by registered athletes (both Centre and ACTLAA carnival results).
- Arrange and collect the results of competition.
- Arrange for the distribution of certificates.
- Maintain computer records of athletes.
- Make available relevant information as required ie Association requests for performances etc.
- Maintain a register for records.
- Arrange trophies/medallions and printing of certificates for the Presentation Day.
- Provide each athlete with a printed record of all personal achievements at Centre level.
Competition and Program Coordinator
- Develop and coordinate the season competition program (in consultation with the Coaching Coordinator and On-track Coordinator)
- Coordinate weekly centre competitions
- Ensure the smooth running of weekly competitions
- Coordinate official roles at Centre level and as required at Association level.
- Arranges and coordinates all officials rosters for carnival
'Under 6' On-Track Coordinator
- Coordinates the ‘Under 6’ Age Group ‘On Track’ Program.
- Initially informs and guides the new parents within the group about the routine and program format of the weekly meets.
- Teaches about sun safety and general safety practises whilst at the meetings.
- Teaches the basic skills relating to events in their program including running, throwing and jumping.
- Encourages that all of the skills are learnt with lots of FUN too!!
- Coordinates all equipment and purchases by the Centre.
- Keeps an accurate record of all equipment owned by the Centre.
- Arranges and/or instigates purchase of equipment.
- Ensure all equipment is maintained in a safe and good condition.
- Arrange for the safe storage of all equipment.
- Coordinates the distribution and return of equipment to events for Centre competition.
- Arrange for the loan (and return) of equipment for ACTLAA competition.
- Coordinates the presentation and purchase of Centre uniform requirements ensuring value for money.
- Ensure appropriate opportunities for uniform purchases and “try ons” are available at registration and competition days.
- Keeps records of all purchases, sales and stock on hand.
- Advises the committee of any additional products or opportunities for purchases.
- Raise awareness of the Centre as deemed acceptable by the Committee.
- Arrange publicity where appropriate.
- Coordinate fundraising, sponsorship, donation opportunities.
- Keep accurate records of all correspondence/communication made and report to the Committee.
- Liaise with the President on all activities proposed and undertaken.
- Coordinate the printing and issue of the Centre newsletter.
- Responsible for the purchasing of stock and providing receipts/cash to the Treasurer.
- Ensure accurate and detailed information is maintained regarding canteen stock and transactions.
- Coordinates assistants within Canteen, ensuring all Health regulation and Centre safety requirements are adhered to.
- Reports to Committee on Canteen transactions and requirements.
- Coordinate all Centre training sessions (ensuring a qualified coach is always present).
- Ensure information regarding development in skills and training is presented to the Centre and acted upon.
- Ensure all training sessions are undertaken in a safe environment.
- Advise parents/Committee about coaching and development courses.
- Monitor athletes development and advises if extra coaching/training may be required.
- Liaise with Age Coordinators to inform athletes of extra training or specialist skills sessions on offer.
- Provide a training or development tip to include in each newsletter to assist those athletes not able to attend training.
- To attend meetings as required.
Carnival (Team) Manager
- Coordinate information about Carnivals.
- Ensure all athletes (and coordinators, managers) are conversant with Centre and Association rules (rules for spikes, uniforms, behaviour etc).
- Inform Age Coordinators about forthcoming activities/camivals.
- Receives from Age Coordinators competition monies and forms as appropriate and arranges for teams/numbers for competition.
- Arranges with Coaching Coordinator extra training sessions for Carnivals etc.
- Acts as team manager at ACTLAA competitions.
- Attends Association meetings on behalf of the Centre.
Age Manager Coordinator
- To report to Age Managers, athletes and parents on Committee activities.
- Coordinate the distribution of information, newsletters, carnival details, rosters to age groups via Age Managers.
- To assist the Carnival Coordinator at carnivals where required in coordinating athletes to events.
- Liaise with the Program and Competition Coordinator to coordinate officials for competitions/carnivals.
- To develop the Centre’s relationship amongst age groups and provide the Committee with relevant feed back from families.
- Oversee setup/packup arrangements on competition days.
General Committee Positions
- To provide assistance where required.
- Attend Association meetings as required.